Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The New Glorietta Vibe



Last week, November 29, 2012, I had the chance to be part of a fashion history! Ayala, together with AVA and Globe Tattoo, set the stage for the launch of the new Glorietta and an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the most people walking on a catwalk. With a final count of 2255 models, the Philippines broke the current world record of 1967 models held by Turkey.

With my fellow stylists Sherwynn, Nio Manzano, and Alex Lapa





We were tasked to style models who were walking for the AVA segment. Most of them were given a black shirt with the AVA logo printed on in and it was up to them on how they would wear it. Of course, no one wanted to wear it as a plain shirt! Our companions that day? A pair of scissors! Oh how tiring! I didn't know I was gonna cut shirts for most of the day! But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining here. All the work was worth it! We broke the record after all. I'm very grateful to have been part of the styling team of the world's biggest fashion show, special thanks to Alex Lapa of AVA.ph.

Thanks to Sir Nio for helping me with my shirt and Ilich Monroy for my make-up!

Wait, it doesn't end there! I know what you're thinking. Why am I wearing an AVA shirt and my heel-less shoes from DAS, right? While working, Sir Nio goes, "Mica, it's official. We're walking." I froze when I heard that one sentence. Yes, we were warned the night before that if worse comes to worst, we would have to walk to reach the target number of models but I have never walked on the runway before! And never thought I would in my life! I did it anyway, for our country! Wow, feels so good to say that!


Rajo Laurel x Rags2Riches Maia Clutch I modeled

Each of the five runways were assigned merchandise to model too. For the third (Yes, I walked on the third runway, the middle one, obviously. Hello, you're looking at a first-timer here, why the middle runway?! HAHA), we were assigned Rags2Riches. For those of you who do not know, Rags2Riches, a for-profit social enterprise based in Manila, Philippines, creates eco-ethical fashion and home accessories out of up-cycled scrap cloth, organic materials, and indigenous fabrics by working with women living in the poor communities across the country. So cool, right? Who would have thought that clutch I'm holding is made from scrap? Rags2Riches products are really beautiful! I'm thinking of purchasing one for myself!

One-fifth of the models! Wild!
With Ash, my fellow intern. Stylists-turned-models!

Congratulations to everyone who made this history possible! Congratulations, Philippines! We made it again!

First photo courtesy of AVA Facebook page
Last photo grabbed from Ash Aquino's Twitter  









4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! FOR THE COUNRTY!!! YEAH!!!

    "Ako ay Pilipino, ang dugo'y maharlikaaaaaaaaaah!!!"

    I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is! That's why I'm so happy and grateful to have been part of it. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...